1. Can I upgrade to an EC if I am a Singapore Citizen (SC) who currently own a HDB (1st subsidized flat) with a Singapore PR (SPR) spouse?
Yes! Provided that you had fulfilled the minimum occupation period after purchasing a BTO or a resale HDB flat using CPF grant.
2. Is there a minimum occupation period for buying a new EC?
Yes. It is 5 years starting from the date of issue of the Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).
3. When can I sell my EC in the open market?
You can sell to SC or SPR (upon 5 years MOP) and to foreigners (upon 10 years from the date of issue of the TOP).
4. I am currently staying in an EC (MOP fulfilled and it is my first subsidized flat), can I apply for another new EC?
Yes but you are required to dispose off your current EC and your new EC application can only start 30 months later.
4. I am currently staying in an EC, can I buy another residential property (new launch condo or private resale)?
Yes! Provided that you had fulfilled the minimum occupation period of 5 years from the date of taking possession of the EC.
5. If I am an EC owner and I had not fulfilled my MOP if 5 years, can I still purchase a new launch condo with a Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) that is after my MOP date?
If there are any further questions or inquiries, feel free to click on the button (most bottom left) to explore further in your best interest!
Find this info useful? Do “LIKE” & follow my FB page for the latest property news updates!